In other news, the month is ending and that means September is upon us! Which makes me slightly excited for my trip but also dreading leaving work just because I have to turn over a shitload of things and just the thought of it makes me very very worried. but it'll be okay. it'll all be okay.
And now, onto a bucket-full of memes because who doesn't love one? So I'm tagging nemophilist, waltzmatildah, earnmysong, catteo, redbrunja, rogueslayer452, maybe, mellowdee, woodenshores, and lusimeles and you can do whichever you want!
Because vibes tagged me!
10 Facts About You
1. Your nickname. Patty
2. Your eye color. dark brown
3. Your hair color. black
4. One fact about you. I am allergic to my own hair. Slightly. When it's cut a certain way and it grows out and hits my neck, I get allergies.
5. Favorite color. yellow!
6. Favorite place. my bed!
7. Favorite celebrity. Jake Gyllenhaal and Anne Hathaway are main stays but I always have a rolling set of loves
8. Favorite animal. dogs though I'm allergic too
9. Favorite song. Right now, Your Type, Gimmie Love and Run Away with Me by Carly Rae Jepsen. Her album is addictive!
10. Favorite book. The Princess Diaries series ranks high up and I'm excited to read the new one.
Taken from maybe
Where I’m from: Manila. Currently in Singapore (I love that I get to say that)
Where I would like to live: London. but for a bit of my life, I'd love to do Copenhagen, Sydney, Rome. I don't know. I'd love to live everywhere.
Favorite food: Sinigang na Baboy (which is pork with a sour soup).
Favorite book: I love the Harry Potter series, too!
Eye color: dark brown.
Favorite movie: And the Harry Potter movies though I never got too involved in fandom which is a shame.
Favorite TV show: I can't choose one but The OC will always have a special place in my heart
Favorite band/singer: I heart me some Taylor but Carly Rae Jepsen's new album is making her rise the charts.
Random fact about me: I have check lists for EVERYTHING.
Favorite day of the year: Friday nights! The possibilities of the weekend seem endless!.
Favorite color: Yellow.
If I have any pets; if so, their names: We have dogs back in Manila and I got to name mine Paris. She's the healthiest of the pack!
What I’m listening to right now: When I Needed You - Carly Rae Jepsen
Last movie I’ve watched: Trainwreck And it was AMAZING.
What’s my ringtone: If this was the early 2000s, it would have been something Nsync and then after that, I just stopped.
Favorite male character from a TV show: Cary Agos from The Good Wife right now
Favorite female character from a TV show: Diane Lockhart from The Good Wife as you can see I'm doing my marathon
What my name means: Apparently Patricia means noble!
Favorite superhero: That's difficult. I would say Thor (which is crazy because he was my dad's favourite and then Chris Hemsworth came in and now he's one of mine.
Celebrity crush: John Oliver's kinda cute in a geeky way
Thanks to rogueslayer452
Myers-Briggs Personality Type: ISFJ
How long have you had your LJ: Since 2004 because in 2003, I didn't know anyone with a token.
What does your username mean: It's a play on patticakes -- which was a nickname I was given but it was taken so i used Woody from Toy Story because I was feeling dramatic and cast aside in high school.
What is your favorite thing about LJ: The community and the fandoms and all the wonderful friends I've made over the years. It's been very different and it's weird but I'll take is a way of life. I got very into the Twilight fandom and met a lot of awesome people and through many different TV shows and times. It's been 11 years and I've had many friends come and go but it's always nice to have a home base. Twitter and Tumblr are fun, but LJ is life.
What is your least favorite thing about LJ: Definitely not as active as before but I can't blame people. Things are just more convenient on Twitter and Tumblr and you have to actually maintain relationships here by reading and commenting but I like it. I'm sad that I'm not as active either because i get lazy but I try.
What is your motivation on LiveJournal?: I'm a loyalist (and I bought a permanent account back in the day) so I want to commit to this. I've been at it for almost a third of my life and I definitely want to stick around and see how friends grow along with me.d
Have you ever met anyone on your F-List in real life?: I had a couple of friends in real life here so they probably don't count and some of the folks here aren't even on LJ anymore, but here's a list anyway.
- celeni I met through LJ and didn't realise we were neighbors!
- fleurire came over to visit family in Manila and we had dinner! She's the sweetest. I wish we could connect now.
- fairchilds is now practically my neighbor in Singapore except she's in Australia at the moment!
- starryeyedmagic and i had drinks in NY back in 2013 and we saw an HP exhibition and lined up for a GoT exhibition which I didn't get in to! So much fun!
- its_elaine and I spent an afternoon in London going to random stuff and introducing me to glory that is Rekorderlig!
Where do you live: Singapore!
Do you have an accent? I suppose I do! I don't know if it's a native accent to my country but it's there somewhere.
Do you have pets: I don't own any personally but our family has some dogs back home.
Do you/Did you go to school: I did! Last place of education was back in the Philippines. I graduated from BA Broadcast Communication
Do you work? Where/What do you do: I've worked in three places thus far:
- ABS-CBN Interactive was my first job and I stayed there for a year as a digital projects officer
- Summit Media was where i spent four amazing years of my work life as an brand publisher for websites and a magazine, particularly Candy and candyman.com
- ZALORA is my current employer where i work as an brand communications manager/category manager for global brands
What do you often write about: Things I'm watching, reading, listening to and some fandom though I'm a pretty horrible fangirl at the moment and some photos of my days, and then there's griping about work life cause I'm sad that way and just life in general. Very random.
What else should readers know: I'm pretty bad at commenting lately but I try my best to read and catch up on entries. Maybe not every single one (like before) but I'm trying!