Patty (woodycakes) wrote,

Though we're tethered to the story we must tell, when i saw you, well, i knew we'd tell it well

What I've Been Living For[45 Down/7 To Go!]
[-] It's been a pretty eventful week in between work presos, my sister coming home and sickness and death in the family. I can't believe this was nearly two weeks ago and I'm only finally posting it now. Once again, I'm behind on LJ after those precious few days when I was on track. So I'm asking for pardon in advance for the flood.

[+] My sister did come home despite all the sadness this week and I'm glad she was here at that time cause she was the bright spot even if it was the shortest visit ever. It's so convenient that she lives so near. And yes, I never get to miss her but I'm quite alright with that.

Holiday Card Post

And because I'm terribly late, I hope you guys can comment and let me know if you want a Holiday card this year. Leave your full name and address (comments are screened) or you could email me at woodycakes [at] livejournal [dot] com and I'll try to get them to you before Christmas if our postal system cooperates!

Finally my weekend. Even if I told myself I'd be good today, there was popcorn and soda that we had to consume for my sister's project. Plus, I was too drained from the working weekend to bother walking so yes, it wasn't the best of days exercise-wise. In fact, it just wasn't good in general. I know I will regret all this when I finally hit the gym again tomorrow.

Still, it felt good to enjoy at least one day of the (second) long weekend doing nothing. I really can be one of those people who do nothing all day and be alright. I know you think I'm just saying that but I really think it's true.

I visited my aunt in the hospital and I was shocked at how tiny she looked. She's been sick for some time now but it only really got bad lately. Or at least seeing her with tubes stuck in her jolted me. I'm going to need everyone's prayers for this. I wish she'd get stronger soon. It's crazy cause the cancer spread so fast and things are just escalating so quickly. I hope things get better fast.

And it's back to the gym for me, surprisingly, I was in a happy mood and really game to just run that treadmill off. I don't know how long this enthusiasm will last but I'll take it. It takes so much for me to drag myself back there.

Things are chill but not in the office. We've got a bazillion things coming up and somehow the gravity of it all hasn't sunk in. I don't know why I'm lazy. Perhaps because my sister is coming home again this weekend? I feel guilty though cause I know I could be so much more productive. It's always harder to concentrate when my sister's coming home cause I'm just anticipating her time here.

I'm a little scared at how chill I am though. I do have things to do and I'm doing them but that sense of urgency isn't there. Or at least not right now. I really need to get off my ass and just do things.

With two relatives in the hospital I've been doing a lot of hospital runs. I feel bad cause I was supposed to visit my grand aunt last night but wasn't able to and this morning I find out she's passed away already. I wish I had gotten to see her but I guess it wasn't meant to be.

As if te 45 minute wait at the MRT this morning wasn't bad enough, I was working on 3 simultaneous presentations, I find out the guy I was starting to admitting crush on was actually taken (he's been single for months) and traffic going home was so bad, I didn't make it to the first night of my grand aunts wake. I hope tomorrow is a better day

Crazy day is crazy. Two presentations, a wedding and then a wake. I don't know how I made it through today. I was up at the crack of dawn to head to the south for my first colleague-wedding and my shoe gives in the middle of it. Of course because I have two back to back presentations, I have no time to attend the reception.

I rush to my meeting, dropping by the mall first to grab replacement shoes and then present the hell out of the two meetings and by the time I get back to the office, I'm tired and try to do more work only to wait a long time to get a cab to make it to my grand aunt's wake. Seriously, this day was too tiring.

I thought I would be chilling at home but because Pam's home, I took her to her dental appointment and then hung out at the hospital with my aunt. With my sister's arrival, my grand aunt's wake and my aunt's hospitalization, things are pretty busy this weekend and I guess I wasn't going to get that relaxing thing I was envisioning.

Still, the hospital is actually pretty comfortable and the wake wasn't as sad as I thought it would be (my dad's side of the family is pretty crazy when they get together) plus Pamy's here so at least there's that.

It was my grand aunt's funeral this afternoon and though she was quite old already, it was still kind of sad. Just nine weeks ago, we were seated at the same table, celebrating a grand uncle's birthday and now she's gone. She was always so nice to us and so sweet and caring to the rest of her family. At her wake, i was surprised that my dad gave a eulogy in behalf of his cousins. My grand aunt was single and was like a mom to all the cousins (my dad has a lot). RIP Tita Carning. You'll be missed.

On top of that, we visited my aunt (my mom's brother's wife) at the hospital just so that my siblings could see her and though it's literally a waiting game with her, it was good to see her again. I've been dropping by as often as I can and she has her good days and her bad> i'm just happy my other siblings had a chance to see her.
Tags: 2011 weekender, christmas, death, employment, flist love, health, livejournal, more family, parents, siblings, vacation, wedding
  • Post a new comment


    Anonymous comments are disabled in this journal

    default userpic

    Your reply will be screened

    Your IP address will be recorded