- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fun ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real possible things, make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list.
And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give, and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1. END THE WRITERS STRIKE
This is really my number one wish this year because when the writer's strike ends, my shows come back for an entire season instead of just a measly 13 episodes. My shows like Chuck, Pushing Daisies and of course Gossip Girl have all been cut down to half seasons and I'm terribly needing more of them. Please let the strike end so I can finally get on to my shows.
2. ANOTHER YEAR OF LJ PAID ACCOUNT
I've grown very attached to my paid account and because I didn't have any money midyear, I wasn't able to buy a permanent account. Thus I'm hoping that I get blessed with another lovely year of paid time on my beloved LJ. I promise to try to update more often. If school doesn't get in the way.
3. A TICKET TO JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE'S CONCERT IN MANILA*
This is a twofold wish as I'm not even sure if Justin is indeed coming over. But there have been so many rumors, I'm just going to hope it's real. And if indeed he is coming, I'm so going to be there. Or at least I hope I'll be there. I'm sure prices will be crazy expensive so I'm hoping that I have enough moola by then to buy one.
4. SUCCESSFUL 111 AND 122
The banes of my academic existence this semester. I really do hope I end the semester in May with a successful 111 and 122. These subjects are demanding and crazy and demanding and crazy and did I mention demanding? I really want to perform well. So here's to months more of sleepless nights and zombie-like days. Anything to succeed in these classes.
5. NEW SNEAKERS
My really cheap sneakers are going down. I bought them really really cheap, thus the reason for their wearing out. I wanna get new slip ons just because I'm lazy to tie my shoe laces, so hopefully I'll find a nice cheap pair that I can afford/looks good. Hand me downs are welcome. Hello friends and cousin!
6. GET IN SHAPE
This has been a wish every single year. This means I should stop being so lazy. Seriously. I need to lose a little more weight and exercise regularly. I must also stop eating so much and did I mention exercise? I dream of wearing a bikini one day and this will not happen if I don't work on it. Damn you Christmas food!
7. MORE LJ ENTRIES
I know I haven't been able to update LJ as much as I used to, or at least the entries haven't been as meaningful or whatever. But the thing is, I think I'm holding myself back from updating because I feel like I have to come up with something "special" every time. So here's to just updating for the sake of it. I mean come on, this isn't graded, it shouldn't be so bad.
I have yet to read a book that isn't for school and I really want to read Megan McCafferty's latest book. So over the Christmas break I'm hoping I get this book already so I can spend my days with Jessica Darling and the adorable Marcus Flutie because really if I can't have a love life, I'll have to live through someone -- be it a fictional character.
9. SAVE MORE MONEY
Most of the stuff on my list require money. And ever since I was a little girl, I've been terrible at handling money. Really terrible. I can't seem to save and it's not like I'm making large purchases left and right. It's these little things that add up to a huge amount leaving me broke as always. I will try my best to save more money because really, having no money is never a good thing.
10. ENOUGH STRENGTH TO MOVE ON
Truly move on. I believe everything is a choice and all I have to do is make it. So I will try my best to move on from all the drama of 2007 and hopefully by 2008, I will be a better, stronger, hotter Patty. I'll need all the help I can get with this one. I will do this.